WCC Vaccination Policy
WCC Procedure – Positive Case
COVID-19 Official Information on Alert Levels
NZC Protection Framework – Introduction
NZC Protection Framework – Guiding Principles
NZC Protection Framework – Play Guide
NZC Protection Framework – Training Guide
The below summarizes key general information relevant to members. It has been created following advice from Sport NZ and Government guidelines.
All cricket will proceed under Alert Level 2 with restrictions as well as changes to start times for Saturday games. Individually we all must be aware of the government requirements and the role we to play.
Levels 4 and 3
- All club run activities cease.
- The clubrooms are locked. This includes the changing rooms and outdoor nets.
- Keep yourself or your children away if unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Ensure you scan in with the COVID-19 tracer app wherever you are playing.
- Use hand sanitiser regularly throughout your game.
- Help others to follow the guidelines and hygiene protocols.
- When you can, keep a 1m distance from others within your game and always maintain a 2m distance from those in other games and the wider public (this includes on and off-field).
- It is recommended that shared equipment e.g. stumps, balls etc. have been thoroughly cleaned prior to game play.
- If the wicket keeper is to be swapped during the innings, please ensure the gear is not shared. Alternatively, get on player to keep for the entire innings.
- Celebrations and end of match acknowledgements can happen but without any form of body contact. Physical distancing must always be adhered to.
- No training for Beginners – Starters and Have a Go when on alert level 2
- Waitakere cricket will operate as normal with no restrictions.
- We recommend scanning the QR code upon entry with the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- Maintain regular hand washing and follow general hygiene advice from the office COVID-19 website – click here for further information
In addition to this, there are NZC guidelines in relation to the umpires and scorers at COVID Level 2:
- Keep one metre physical distance wherever possible.
- Umpires should not hold items for the bowler (i.e. cap, sunglasses etc.). Instead, items can be left outside the boundary or given to teammates.
- Do not allow players to use saliva to polish or clean the ball.
- Captains/Coaches or other staff should only handle the balls from their own team.
- Umpires only to remake the wicket.
- It is recommended that umpires keep a bottle of hand sanitiser on their person throughout the game.
- NZC recommends that all scoring should be e-scoring via an individual device – ideally only one user or the device must be sanitised prior to the next user.
- Should a paper scorebook be required, to minimise additional contact there should be only one-person utilising the book throughout the duration of the match. Should someone else be required to score, that person should supply their own pen.
- Keep one metre distance from scorers.
The club also requests all captains, coaches and/or managers to please make a list of all attendees to your respective games including the opposition teams’ players and supporters.
WCC Health & Safety Guildlines
click here for more information