ACA – Seniors & Juniors
The ground closures and defaults for the Cricket Express Junior Leagues, North Harbour Junior Cricket and Senior Grades will be posted on ACA cancellations’ webpage and the ACA Facebook page. For the ACA Junior and Youth Morning Cricket Cancellation Policy, which includes the process to follow for home club coaches/managers to cancel home games, please click here.
ACA CANCELLATIONS – CLICK HERE
Western Cricket – Action Grade
Cancellation notices for Western morning cricket are broadcasted on “NewsTalkZB” 89.4FM or 1080AM between 7:10 a.m. and 8:00 a.m on Saturday mornings. You need to listen carefully for:
- “All Western Districts’ School Children’s Cricket Association matches are cancelled”, or
- “Western Districts’ School Children’s Cricket Association matches at (Name of Ground) are cancelled”.
WESTERN CRICKET CANCELLATIONS – CLICK HERE
NOTICE FOR ALL SENIORS
Unless notified by ACA of a cancellation, we expect teams to be at the ground to play.
NOTICE FOR ALL JUNIORS
If you are the home team and you deem the ground unfit for play (e.g. there is too much rain falling at the ground that you feel the ground will fail the health and safety check even if it stopped raining an hour before the start of play) you can contact the opposing junior team and mutually agree to abandon a game early. If that occurs, you must enter it into CricHQ as an abandoned game and both teams confirm the abandoned game via email/text to ACA immediately.
CONTACTING THE OPPOSITION
Your Coach or Manager will be given a contact list that ACA have for all teams. This may not be a complete list, however ACA endeavour to keep the list updated throughout the season.
- If there is no contact for the team you are playing, the coach/manager should call the Club Manager for that club if they have any concerns.
- If a junior coach/manager of an “away” team has doubts about the game going ahead they should contact the coach/manager of the “home” team to ask about conditions, etc.
- Only the junior “home” team can abandon a game at their “home” ground prior to the time both teams are meant to meet at the ground. If a junior “home” team does abandon a game, it is their responsibility to inform both the “away” team and ACA.
Don’t forget to also like/share the Facebook post that has up to date information on changes, cancellations and defaults.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
If your team is deemed the home team then you are responsible to carry out health and safety checks and text the outcome to your club manager or coordinator prior to playing.
If you’re unsure about a game going ahead, assume it is going ahead to avoid a default being recorded against your team.
If a cancellation or abandonment is not listed on the website or Facebook page, it is your responsibility to be at the ground ready for play on time.